Support for Mental Wellbeing during Covid-19
We know that it is an extremely difficult time for everybody at the moment so we wanted to share some information and resources with you about ways in which you can look after your mental wellbeing and the mental wellbeing of your children at this time.
Tips to look after yourself during this time:
- Keep things in perspective
- These are extraordinary times and you cannot control or fix what is happening in the world so try not to dwell on these issues so focus on what you can control each day, looking after yourself and staying connected to people you love and care about.
- If you do find yourself worrying, try to write your worries down.
- Establish a routine
- Get up and dressed in the morning and eat at regular times
- If you are working from home, establish your working hours
- Develop a regular exercise routine, even if this is not usual for you.
- Ensure children are aware of the daily routine.
- Maintain Social Connections
- Reach out to people who energise you and have a positive impact on your wellbeing
- Think about who you can support and get in touch with them too.
- Limit news exposure.
- Practise self-care
- Find a moment in the day, where you do something just for yourself It is not selfish to look after yourself at this time!
- Make time to do something that will allow your brain to calm, meditation, mindfulness, prayer, yoga, gardening…
- Be kind to yourself! Have self- compassion.
- Establish Good Mental Health Habits:
- Eat nutritious food
- Moderate social media use
- Be creative/ Do something new
- Talk about your feelings
- Accept the uncertainty of the situation and normalise your distress. Feeling angry, fearful or sad is a normal response to this abnormal situation.
Information and advice promoting Mental Wellbeing at this time:
Exercise and Wellbeing through Exercise and Relaxation Activities: