Vision, Values & Ethos
Inspiring learners, changing lives
We pledge to:
- Provide our students with an exciting and highly personalised curriculum rich in creativity and challenge
- Ensure high quality learning experiences provided by a dedicated and highly skilled workforce
- Ensure that the development of communication and independence skills are central to our teaching
- Ensure that our values and students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development are at the heart of what we do
- Enable all our students to play a full and active part in the life of the school and community
- Ensure our students make the best possible progress and enjoy the best possible outcomes
- Ensure all our students are fully prepared for the next stage in their learning and life beyond school
At Marlborough School we are inspired by our learners and pledge to provide them with innovative practice that will have a positive impact on their lives today and in the future. We believe this is possible by creating a learning community in which all of its members can flourish and enjoy success. We pledge to uphold the 5 core values at the heart of everything we do.
At Marlborough we recognise that all our learners do best when they are happy and engaged in their learning. We provide a safe, secure, supportive and inclusive learning environment that promotes physical and emotional wellbeing and where laughter, light, excitement and enthusiasm shines through.
At Marlborough we are committed to empowering our learners to develop confidence and autonomy, to take ownership of their own learning and control over their lives. We support our learners to be honest and reflective and encourage them to take risks and to learn from their mistakes.
At Marlborough we are passionate and ambitious about learning and progress. We recognise the effort and resilience of our learners and celebrate all achievements. We are committed to a culture of continuous improvement in all our endeavours.
At Marlborough, we treat all members of our community with respect and foster self-respect. We provide equality of opportunity for all. We show compassion, kindness, understanding and unconditional positive regard for each other. We celebrate diversity and individuality and ensure everyone has their voice heard and valued.
We recognise that successes are achieved through our combined effort and collaboration with families and professionals. We recognise that positive personal relationships are central to ensuring the best outcomes for all. We pledge to support all our leaners to work with enthusiasm, positivity, trust and integrity.