Currently, due to COVID-19, we aren't running Forest School. We hope to restart these soon.
We have developed part of our grounds into a purpose designed forest school environment which includes a covered seating area, a wide range of trees and plants, willow sculptures and bug hotels.
This provides ALL of our students with unique experience to learn about the great outdoors building their confidence, resilience and understanding of the world around them. Students have regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a natural environment with trees. Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and complements the wider context of outdoor and woodland education. It also supports their learning in science, geography, PSHE and English.
The philosophy of Forest School is that all participants are viewed as:
- equal, unique and valuable
- competent to explore & discover
- entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
- entitled to experience regular success
- entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world
We enjoy working in partnership with a variety of organisations to make the forest school experience truly inspirational for our students. Please see our learning partners section for further information.
We have recently been awarded a prestigious Green School Award. This award recognises the outstanding commitment of our school to promoting and developing green issues and specifically the student's learning through Forest School.
Further information can be found under our Awards Page.