MARCH 2019: Travel Assistance Team
Alberta Atkinson from the London Borough of Bexley, Travel Assistance Team (TACT) attended to inform parents of the changes that are taking place with transport applications for students.
Application for transport no longer need to be completed annually but the criteria for reapplication is:
- Your child is turning 8 years old (Year 3/4- if affected by the change in eligibility criteria)
- Transferring from Primary to Secondary School (end of Year 6)
- Transferring from Secondary to Sixth Form College (even if staying in the same school)
- Transferring to a Further Education College and being over 19 years of age.
- Change of circumstances/ needs, e.g moving home, changing school, college, destination address.
All Year 11 pupils will need to re-apply for transport by 31st May 2019.
All students who will be attending Cleeve Meadow School in September 2019 will also need to re-apply for transport by 31st May 2019.
Transport are introducing a fee for all new Post 16 students from September 2019, parents will be expected to pay £400 towards transport costs. This will not affect current Post 16 students who will not need to re-apply for transport until they transfer to a Further Education College or unless their is a change in circumstances.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like support with re-applying for transport please also contact:
Rebecca Donaghey (Family Support Worker, Marlborough School)